Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Air Tastes Like I'm Going To Be Sick

Ok, I think I can do this. If I play my cards right. I'm not going to tell you how much I have to do, because I hate getting those sorts of responses from people that confirm my worst fears, namely, the look that says "HOW THE HECK ARE YOU GOING TO GET ALL THAT DONE???"

While such encouraging incredulity warms my heart to no end, I just don't need that right now. Because I seriously believe I can make it through this, and possibly even do well. Possibly. Then again, this all might be an elaborate lie I tell myself so that I don't go home and cry...a lot...but, at this point, I'll take what I can get. Lies, shmies. Come one, come all.

I don't really have a "BulldozerGetItAllDone" mode, but hopefully I can muster up some sort of vague likeness of such a thing this week. Cause, well, I could really use it. Nonetheless, in this moment of utter exhaustion and on-coming sickness (and I never get sick), I'm optimistic. Perhaps it's the sleeplessness and hunger talking, who knows. Whatever. I'll take it.

1 comment:

serenacorine said...

jared. friend. i do believe you can do it. no matter what the tasks at hand may be. to me, anything is accomplishable. you just have to understand its something that has to be done. and that you can actually do it. then tell yourself "self, suck it up and deal with it. get it done and take a christmas break nap" - at least thats what i do personally. and well, i kinda expect you to say it too. or just focus on the fact that when, not if, you survive the papers and the finals, i promise to buy you a box of fruit snacks and let you listen to supertones. that alone should be enough to get you through. so yeah, chin up friend. a new day is coming.