Meme: "As defined by Richard Dawkins in The Selfish Gene (1976): "a unit of cultural transmission, or a unit of imitation." "Examples of memes are tunes, ideas, catch-phrases, clothes fashions, ways of making pots or of building arches. Just as genes propagate themselves in the gene pool by leaping from body to body via sperms or eggs, so memes propagate themselves in the meme pool by leaping from brain to brain via a process which, in the broad sense, can be called imitation." (www.silcom.com/~barnowl/chain-letter/glossary.htm)
However, I think with these things it means a little survey thing that gets copied from person to person, but everyone puts in their own answers and we're all supposed to get to know each other, like some sort of self-replicating cultural warm-and-fuzzy germ. Reminds me of those ice breakers we used to do in youth group settings. And here I am indulging the trend. Sue me.
So. Without further ado:
Four jobs you have had in your life: Money Handler and ProperID Enforcer (i.e. cashier at Hannaford), Fancy Espresso Drink Maker and Chai Drinker (Starbucks), Color-Mixing Technician and Expert/Grunt laborer (Superkrete), Balister Nurse and Rail Sander (Masterpiece Woodworking), Pizza Delivery Slave (Pizza Works). (I know that's five and not four. I can count thank you very much.)
Four movies you could watch over and over: I don't know if there are four I could just watch over and over, you know, like in a row. But ones that I will always return to: The Princess Bride, The Shawshank Redemption, The Return of the King, and Gladiator. I'm so trendy.
Four places you've lived: Abington, PA (Where I was born), Grandview (i.e. Kansas City), MO (Where I spent 9 months doing Master's Commission), Northhampton, England (Where I studied for a semester), and Rock Hill, SC (Where I live now).
Four TV shows you love to watch: Well, I don't hardly watch any TV...but...24 (oh so intense), Whose Line Is It Anyway (esp. when Ryan, Colin, and Wayne are all on), Foster's House for Imaginary Friends (I have to admit that I've never seen a full episode, and usually what I do see is without sound because it's in a busy restaurant dining room, but the visuals alone are hilarious and the animation is so cool), and Samurai Jack (because, well, that show is just awesome).
HouseFour places you've been on vacation: Nice, France; Bath/London, England; Scotland (Isle of Skye=Incredible); The Poconos.
Four websites you visit daily: (or how about most commonly, since I'm not really on the internet everyday?) gmail.com, serenacorine.blogspot.com, housechurch1074.blogspot.com, marymuses.com
Four of your favorite foods: Oh, goodness. Wow. Ummm....that's the hardest question on here. I really like tortillas and a good bean dip (you know, refried beans, cheese, sour cream, salsa, maybe a little guacamole); a juicy, tender, well marinated and seasoned steak cooked medium; fish and chips from that little shop by the harbor on the Isle of Skye, esp. on a chilly-but-not-bitter morning (oh man...what a great memory); stuffed shells in a good marinara. These aren't necessarily favorites, but they are high on my list. Or would be, if I had a list.
Four places you'd rather be right now: The Isle of Skye, Scotland; Bath, England; On a roadtrip somewhere with my friends; Cleveland, OH (to see my sister and bro-in-law and their awesome daughter and new son).
Four Bloggers you are tagging: Rique, Cori, Mike, and I don't know anymore bloggers (that will ever possibly read any of this).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had no clue what a meme was.
Thanks jared!
PS,
Glad to be of service.
PS did you ever read my dante paper?
Aye, I did and I thought it was great. Wrote about it on my blog in fact.
Post a Comment