Sunday, November 29, 2009

Killer Bears, Gobblers.

A lot of my best drawing work ends up in the hands of other people. I like to make cards for people on their birthdays, and, since I put my heart into it, it kind of makes me sad to part with those pieces. Ultimately, though, I'm happier for the other person to have it. So it's nice to have a camera around to preserve the image, even though I can't have the original.

Below is the two-moth late birthday card for my good friend, Greg. He once wrote a blog post about Robert Frost's poem, "The Road Not Taken," and somehow managed to say something about "killer bears riding unicycles and juggling ping pong balls." Naturally, I was compelled to draw it for him, especially since his choice to take the road less traveled has had a huge impact in my life. Behold:



Also, my awesome wife whipped up a batch of turkey cupcakes for Thanksgiving with the fam. Supposedly they were for my little nieces, but they turned out to be a huge hit with the adults as well. Check out their beauty:




Gobble gobble (indeed).

2 comments:

Melanie said...

those cupcakes are the bomb-diggity (not that your drawing wasn't)! tell gina i said way to go, girl. you work it. work dat out.
p.s.: surprise! lemmie know if G.W. has a Blog too.

Jake Page said...

i second melanie's comment. those cupcakes are awesome. next, she should try making cupcakes inspired by your bear drawing.

great seeing you two this past weekend! if only there was a wormhole between here and chapel hill...