Blah. Part of me feels like I could write thousands of words right now to describe my life at present. And yet another part of me is pretty sure that most of it would be redundant at best, provided that I could find a place to begin at all. I imagine the following lines will fall somehwere in the middle, between a bombardment of details and a more or less indifferent summary written so that I can honestly say I updated this thing. But I digress (and I suppose that's what blogging is, just a bunch of digressions that are nothing more than distractions, or at best peripheral, concerning what I really need to be doing...)
Sigh. Let's just say school is way too stressful. If I'm not reading 24/7, I'm behind in my reading. As it turns out, I have not been reading 24/7. I know professors have gone through school themselves, but sometimes it seems like they forget we have lives outside their course. I'm pretty sure they understand that on a theoretical level, but, practically speaking, their syllabuses make it pretty clear that work, friends, sleep, and other classes all fall second to their course. I'm thinking of one professor in particular right now, my history professor for my class on the US since 1939. We have TWO textbooks and are expected to read them both in their entirety. Grrr. Blah. Bleh. Make it stop.
But that's just an example really. I mean, I just have a million things to do. I'm behind on all my readings and other work and it seems like the rest of life doesn't notice so much. So my only option seems to be just sucking it up and doing what I can. And people, I'm trying. Perhaps not very hard. My instinct when I'm in tight corners and under pressure from various sources is not to take them all head on with all I got, but to distract myself with things that don't really matter. You know, like playing Ethan's guitar or, say, blogging. Yeah. Not the best quality I suppose, I'm sure I should tell you that I put forth a valiant effort, sacrificing everything for the good of my education and striving toward excellence, because that is the honorable characteristic we all should have, right? Well I'd like to tell you all that. But it is with humility that I tell you all, sorry, I really just suck at using my time wisely. Give me a planner, teach me to use it, and it won't change a thing. Call it a tragic flaw. Anyways. Nuff negativity for the moment...I have to go read up on Jungian psychology and rewrite a paper on spelling reform.
Man. I sure would like to feel the freshness right about now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment