Friday, October 07, 2005

Hot Baby Delivery

The other day I was catching up with my friend Tim in Ohio. Tim and I hadn't talked in a really long while, so we were updating each other with what was going on in our lives. In particular, I told Tim how I now worked for Pizza Works delivering pizza. A good job, not ideal, but it pays the bills on time. A few minutes later when I asked about his wife, Tim told me that she recently started a job delivering babies, and that was working out for her really well.

Delivering babies? I thought. What the...? Like, in a car?

And then it hit me. (Oooohhhh...) Megan didn't drive around in a car with babies like I did pizza and deliver them to people's homes: "Megan's Hot Baby Delivery: There In 20 Minutes or It's Free". No, she was a midwife. Um, duh. Guess delivering pizza has had more of an effect on my perception of the world than I thought. Pretty funny idea, though.

3 comments:

serenacorine said...

oh jared...
what a funny guy you are.

by the way, i was a little hurt that there were no comments from you or mr rique on my last entry. i mean, i know i say you guys are freaks for reading it and checking up on it so much, but...well, i actually kinda like the comments. so stop slacking off on me. please and thank you.

p.s. hope you're feeling restful.

serenacorine said...

sorry for being a jerkface.
i didnt mean for you to delete the whole entry.

* said...

It's okay, Cori, you're not a jerkface. I'm not out to make anyone feel bad, and some thoughts, like that post, are perhaps better kept to myself.