The following is a completely coherent and well-organized rant explaining my aversion to MySpace. Pay attention.
I'm not really sure what it is, but for some reason I really just don't like MySpace. There's just something about it that's too....trendy. (Said the guy with three blogs and a Facebook page. I know.) I guess I don't know what it is. I'm not normally the type to say no to the trendy thing simply because it's trendy. Obviously. I mean, sometimes I do that--and this may be one of those times--but normally I'm of the opinion that if you're not going to like something, it shouldn't be just because everyone else does. And vice versa. For instance, I'll admit to liking Kelly Clarkson's music. Trendy? Too much so. Bad? Likely. Catchy? Absolutely. I like it because I do. That's all there is to it. But I digress.
So right, MySpace. I guess this entry isn't to convince you, my myriad faithful readers, to also not like MySpace. It's more to say that I don't, and I don't fully know why. (Actually, now that I think about it, part of it is the layout. It's too visually distracting. But, again, I digress.) Recently I've discovered that everyone and their second cousin has a MySpace page. Somehow that disturbs me.(Admittedly, I'm part of everyone, and I even filled out some of the bio information. The reason for the account was because other people who I want to check up only use MySpace and it's necessary to have an account to post comments and view photos and whatnot. The bio info, I think, was part of a procrastination binge sometime over the weekend. Nonetheless I've decided I will not be adding friends or editing my info or whatever else one does on MySpace. Least not for now. Sigh.)
In conclusion, my aversion for MySpace is perhaps hypocritical and without foundation--at least for the moment--but that doesn't mean that I have to like it. Because I don't. And you can't make me. MySpace can go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment