Tuesday, May 23, 2006

For Update's Sake

Well, it's been awhile. So here this is. I hope your hopes aren't terribly high because I really have no vision for this post. Right now Rique, Jake, and Sarah are watching What About Bob on TV. We just got finished watching the season finale of 24 and I have to admit, it wasn't incredible or anything. I mean, I guess I'm just getting used to this show. In my opinion, I think the best season yet was the first one. There's something about when things are new and fresh that make them...better. For lack of a...better....word.

Summer so far has been pretty good. I've actually been getting some summer reading done, which is pretty phenomenal as far as I'm concerned. I have four books going right now, but I'm most involved with Orwell's "1984". It's Cori's copy, acutally, and I've had it for quite some time but haven't had the opportunity to read it until summer started. I really like it. I think it's definitely worth all the hype. I'm also reading "Crimes Against Logic." Challenging for the faith, but intellectually stimulating. Worth the read, though. And then I'm reading "Boy Meets Girl" by Joshua Harris (the "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" guy). It's a good read. A lot of good perspective and wisdom. And then finally there's John Paul Jackson's "Needless Casualties of War" which is, to put it simply, about prayer and the authority we do and don't have as Christians concerning the spiritual world. I'm finding it to be useful as well.

HA! "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who like Neal Diamond and those who don't." Bill Murray is hilarious.

So yeah, anyway. Last week I was accepted to Cambridge and so I bought my plane ticket. Exciting stuff, eh? I'll be gone for just over a month. I'm excited to be back in the UK. I've missed it since I got back and I think about it often. I hope it will be as good to go back as I'm anticipating. I think that it will be weird, too, though. The hardest part is that I'm going alone, yet that is also one of the most exciting parts. It will make me nervous at times to be going around alone with all my stuff, but I've done the traveling thing enough to be ok. Anywho, I'm excited. More on that later. Maybe.

Oh, and on Thurday my family and I are going to Floriday for my sister's wedding. Should be a time. It's funny, kinda. She was always so sure that I was going to get married before her, but clearly that's not the case. I mean, Saturday the 27 will be here long before I gruduate. Time is linear like that. SO on Saturday I will be donning the tux and celebrating my sister's marriage. I'm looking forward to it. The saddest part, though, is that I have no real money to get her anything even remotely near wedding gift caliber. I'm hoping some artwork will suffice, but it's been a while since I've really done that sort of thing. Anywho, I hope it all works out. I feel bad that I can't give her anything better than that.

Okay well I'm done with this for now. Ta.

No comments: