Well, I'm almost gone. I leave tomorrow morning at 6:43 to catch a layover in Chicago. Yay. But then! I'm off to London, and man if that's not exciting. I'm really not sure tons of what to expect as far as how this will all pan out...but, I'm confident that it's going to be quite an experience. I'm out and about today like the proverbial headless chicken, but with less blood and more errands. Which is good because no one wants bloody errands (least not with out a stash of band-aids).
But I digress. I'm not sure if I will or will not be updating this thing while I'm gone. For those interested in my travels, let me know and I'll add you to the big email list. Woo hoo, right? But, I will have a digital camera thanks to my kind and awesome roommate, so I will hopefully be sending pictures, too.
Right now, though, I still have lots to do. But before I go I will let you all know that I have been given a teaching position at the very school I graduated from starting in January. Crazy, eh? It's a private school, so I don't need to be certified to teach, which is good, because I'm not getting certified. But I will be teaching American Lit. to some 10th graders and Freshman Composition to, well, freshmen. I'm incredibly nervous about the whole thing and a bit anxious, too, but a lot of people seem to have confidence in me that I can do it and that's encouraging. And I'm way thankful for the job right out of college...I certainly wasn't expecting it by any stretch of the imagination.
Okay, well, I really have got to run. More details to come, perhaps....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
funny huh? we'll both be teaching. i just happened to take the long way about it. but still congrats to you on a job. i hope you enjoy it...if not forever, then just for the time being.
let me know about goings on in england. and i'd love to see pics. take care of yourself and eat some fish and chips.
Post a Comment