So. Guess the question thing didn't catch on.
Here are some random thoughts.
Someone won $314 million dollars in the lottery last week. That's just ridiculous. I almost feel sorry for them, because they just unleashed all hell. The more I think about it, the less I'd like to suddenly have that sort of money. I don't care to have every one of my friendships and family ties tested all at once, or to deal with the moral and ethical quagmires that millions of privately owned dollars would bring. I've already added up the cost of everything I want (material things, paying off loans, paying off debt for my close friends and family, setting up MYD all nice, etc.) and I didn't even crack a mil. Granted, I'd be set for life, but I'm not convinced that's what I want out of life. I hope last weeks winner knows Jesus. They're going to need Him pretty badly.
Speaking of MYD, we've had a fair amount of shows this year, and two more already planned for the fall. More will probably come our way. Sometimes it's been a lot of fun, and others not so much. I wish we played at places with sound systems equal to or better than The Connection, because we've never sounded better than we did there. But seriously, I'm thankful to be playing at all. I really like our music, and it was always a dream of mine to play drums in a band, even though I had thought it would never happen. But along came Rique and Aaron and the rest is history. I love it. I hope we are able to continue for a while. I also hope we figure out a way of practicing more often because our severe lack of practice really bugs me. Good times, though, good times.
The Cardigan is a warmer place (theoretically speaking; it's ovenish enough already) now that Crotts has moved in. His mom made us curtains and they are very nice. It's also really great just to have him around. People are here more often, food happens more, and it smells like Febreeze more than it ever did before. I likes.
Also, my bike. I am thankful for my bike. I love riding my bike, and soon the weather will be cooler and fallish and bike-riding will start to make a lot more sense. I'm really looking forward to it.
I worked at Cupps for a week. I liked it. Really, really, good sandwiches, and the staff are fun to boot. You can read that both ways, if you want.
But the sadness. Well, the sadness.
My Nana died this morning. Something like a month ago she went to the hospital after an attack of some sort, and over the succeeding weeks they discovered that she had some pretty serious heart complications as well as lung cancer. The miracle is that it all happened so fast, and she didn't have to live in pain or die a slow, painful death. I'm thankful for that. I will miss her. She was very intelligent and sharp, and had a fun sense of humor. She was also very encouraging and thought the world of all of us. The best part is that yesterday she kept telling my mom what a happy day she was having, one of the happiest she had had in a long time, just because of all the little things that went her way. I don't know what they all were, but it makes me smile to think about it. Finishing on a good note is a good, good thing. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers for me and my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment