Friday, July 17, 2009

Bye Bye Single

This is the last morning I will have woken up an unmarried man. How strange...when you've been waiting for a certain day to come, it can seem like such an abstraction...something that doesn't really exist in actual time.

But here I am, awake in a pale morning light in a nice hotel room, the sounds of my friends' breathing (they are all asleep) around me. In a little while we will go down for breakfast, pick up tuxes, and the rest.

Tonight is the wedding. Everything has been leading up to this crucial step for months. And then...Life. Marriage. Territory I've never known first hand.

I'm excited...a little dazed...whiplashed even. I don't regret it.

The rehearsal dinner was awesome. I love being surrounded by so many of my favorite people in a context that feels a lot like a vacation...so out of the norm. I know I'm loved but it's times like these that I am reminded of just how amazing my friends and family are, and how real their love for me is. And they love Gina, too. It's beautiful.

It will be nice to not wake up alone anymore. Tomorrow I wake up to a new wife, and something of a brand new world. And it's A Good Thing. Gina is the woman I've been waiting for, the one I'm choosing to spend the rest of my life with. It's scary, it's awesome, and I love her. She is beautiful.


No comments: