Tuesday, June 23, 2009

6 Nights

There are a few things I remember very clearly about the night I met Gina. The first, of course, is the fact that I thought to myself (quite distinctly), "Holy crap, I didn't know there were going to be hot girls at this party." Thankfully, there was at least one.

Second I remember Angie and Preston's Yorkie (Archie the Devil) attacking my leg full-throttle. Little bugger actually drew blood through my jeans while I squealed, "Owowow!!! CLAWS, his CLAWS!!!" (It was his teeth. Not one of my finer moments.)

Thirdly is the game of Apples to Apples. I sat next to Gina, because she was super cute and really nice. And she laughed a lot. 

Now, there are several ways to play Apples to Apples, but if you want to gain any props (and points) from Gina, you have to make her laugh. And on one particular turn when Gina was the draw-er, someone played the card "Mexico". I don't remember what the noun was that it was describing; it doesn't really matter. She laughed her head off, and ever since "Mexico"--just the word, all by itself--is good for at least a smile and a chuckle out of the hot girl.

That memory has stuck with me, and at some point it occurred to me that, should we end up married, it would just make so much sense to go to Mexico for our honeymoon. I don't think Gina would mind either way, really, so long as there was Sun and Beach. But I'm a sentimental guy and I like it when things have meaning and connect. 

Now, I couldn't afford a Mexican honeymoon (and I still can't). But it turns out that Gina and I have some of the most beautiful friends a person could ask for. Some 8 or nine folks, unsolicited by Gina or I, took it on themselves to contribute to our honeymoon. And because of their incredible generosity (and God's incredible favor and love which started all of it to begin with! woohoo!) we are able to take a 7 day 6 night all-inclusive honeymoon in the Riviera Maya in Mexico, near Cancun.



Seriously? That's freaking incredible. It even makes me laugh a little.

God is awesome, and He loves us. Ha! Mexico.

Mexico indeed.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I am blissfully happy that you are going to Mexico. One of our hugest regrets was not going to an all-inclusive for our honeymoon. Whereabouts are you staying? We went to the Mayan Riviera a few years back.

Jared said...

The Grand Palladium, woot. : )