But apparently I was wrong...there are a couple of you out there. So here's an update just for you.
There are less than four weeks left before school is over, and that makes me glad. While I enjoy the students a lot and like much of what I've learned, as a whole, teaching is not my favorite thing. I think part of it, sadly, is the fact that I don't like the pressure of being responsible for other people's education. If I don't do a good job (and sometimes I'm pretty sure I don't, whatever other people might say) then the students suffer because of it. Not immensely, or forever, but it could definitely have a lasting effect, and that bothers me.
Needless to say, then, I'm looking forward to getting through these next several weeks and then being done and free for the summer. I'm not 100% sure what I'll be doing, but I know that I'll probably pick up some hours delivering pizza until I can find a more suitable job closer to home. I think it would be nice to work in Rock Hill. I also plan on finishing The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand (which I started last summer but had to put on hold when school started) along with some other titles that I've neglected, and I'd also like to resume learning New Testament Greek, as well. I think that will give me something of a headstart if and when I start seminary in the fall. I'm looking forward to that, I think. I like the idea of being a student again.
In the meantime, I'm excited for MYD's upcoming show in Taylors, SC, on Saturday. I think it will be fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah, so you should write more or something.
Post a Comment